Here, we have listed the most important internet technology MCQ GK questions with the best possible answers.
These internet MCQ questions can be asked in any competitive examinations like SSC CGL, IBPS (Clerk and PO), RRB, Group-D, etc.
We have also covered together with all those internet questions that have been already asked in various competitive examinations. So,
let’s practice them wholeheartedly.
Internet Technology MCQ Questions for Competitive Exams
1. The internet, sometimes called simply “Net” is
(a) a huge network of networks that joins computers from all across the world.
(b) an internal communication system
(c) a communication system for the government.
(d) All of the above
2. The interconnection of networks all across the world is known as
(c) Web page
3. The concept of the internet was originated in
4. The origin of the internet was developed from the concept of
Answer: (c), ARPANET stands for Advanced Research Projects Agency Network that is a network of computers.
5. In 1969, ARPANET was developed by which country?
Answer: (c), ARPANET was developed by the United States Department of Defence. Initially, the basic purpose of ARPANET was to provide communication among the various bodies of government, to ensure connectivity even during nuclear attacks.
Later on, ARPANET was opened for many purposes such as educational fields, business, etc, across different countries and then became known as internet.
6. What is the full form of internet?
(a) InterContinental Network
(b) Internal Network
(c) Interconnected Network
(d) International Network
7. What is the major use of internet?
(a) Sharing data and information
(b) Browsing webpages
(c) Sending and receiving emails
(d) Social networking
(e) All of the above
Answer: (e), the other major uses of internet are advertising and video conferencing, online registrations, education, net banking, booking tickets, etc.
8. The transmission of a file from one computer system to another computer or to a server so that others can see or retrieve it is called
(d) sending file
9. The transmission of a file to our computer from the internet is called
(c) receiving file
10. Each computer on a network is recognized by a unique
(a) IP address
Answer: (a), IP stands for Internet Protocol.
11. A computer communicates with other computers on the internet through
(d) Web browser
Answer: (b), TCP/IP stands for Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol.
12. What is the full form of HTML?
(a) High Transfer Machine Language
(b) High Transmission Markup Language
(c) Hyper Text Markup Language
(d) Hypermedia Markup Language
13. A set of rules followed by each computer present on a network is called
Answer: (d), A protocol is a set of rules that define how computers will act when communicating with each other.
14. Inventor of www (World wide web) is . . . . . .
(a) Bill Gates
(b) Lee. N. Feyong
(c) Tim Berners Lee
(d) Tom Berners Lee
Answer: (c), www is also known as web. It was developed by Tim Berners Lee in 1989 at CERN in Geneva.
15. Internet is governed by several voluntary organizations such as
(a) IAB (Internet Architecture Board)
(b) IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force)
(d) All of the above
16. What is the full form of W3C?
(a) World Wide Web Communication
(b) World Wide Web Cyber
(c) World Wide Web Consortium
(d) World Web Wide Consortium
17. A . . . . . . . . . that contains billions of documents in the form of webpages, is one of the most popular services on the internet.
(b) Web internet
Answer: (a), A web (also known as world wide web) is a large collection of information or data that can be accessed using browser software.
18. To access a webpage, an URL is required. What is the full form of URL?
(a) Uniform Resource Locator
(b) Universal Resource Locator
(c) Universal Resource Line
(d) Uniform Resource Line
Answer: (a), URL (also known as web address) is a unique complete internet address used to identify webpage on the world wide web.
19. A world wide web contains billions of webpages
(a) residing in several computers
(b) created using HTML
(c) residing in many computer systems linked together using HTML
(d) Both b and c
20. An interconnected network exclusively used within organizations such as banking, business firms, etc that uses web technologies for sharing data or information internally is called
21. A computer network that is used to controlled access from outside of an organization’s intranet is called
22. A software program that is used to view web pages is called
23. Every computer machine host on the internet network has
(a) similar IP address
(b) unique 15-digit number
(c) unique IP address
(d) the same IP address
Answer: (c), IP addresses of two computers on the internet cannot be the same.
24. An identifier that sends and receives information across the Internet is called
(a) IP address
25. Which of the following statement is not correct about IP address?
(a) IP address is always unique for each computer.
(b) An IP address consists of four bytes (or 32 bits) each of which can be a number from 0 to 255.
(c) For browsing or sending an email, an IP address assigned to the computer is required.
(d) All are correct